Chevron stitch flat panel

Multiple of 8+1
Rows 1 + 2: K1, *P7, K1* to end
Rows 3 + 4: K2, *P5, K3* P5, K2
Rows 5 + 6: K3, *P3, K5* P3, K3
Rows 7 + 8: K4, *P1, K7* P1, K4
Rows 9 +10: P1, *K7, P1* to end
Rows 11+12:P2, *K5, P3* K5, P2
Rows 13+14:P3, *K3, P5* K3, P3
Rows 15+16:P4, *K1, P7* K1, P4

I will post a picture as soon as I have a better sample.


It all worked out

Here is the divine Miss M's new skirt. I love the pink boucle and am glad there is some left over for other projects!

This one was done on the extra large loom, and I think it could be considered a size 6, since it's a little bit big around on her. I think the large loom could be considered anywhere from a 2-4, depending on length. (A 4 would certainly have to be longer than the one I made yesterday.)

I think it would be interesting to try shaping the top or making the top ribbed so that it's more fitted and sans drawstring. I suppose that doing a cuff (like is done on the hats) would work to that end, too.


Measurements schmeasurements

I ditched all the plans I had of making a hat or a scarf, and decided to make a skirt for Ms. M. And, by golly, it worked and was absolutely adorable. Until it became obscenely obvious that it was too small for her. (Ok, it might work as the bottom of a bathing outfit or something. Or a street walker's working clothes.)

Good thing we know a lot of people with girls who are a couple of years younger than Ms. M.

A short trip to Michaels (where I got more yarn and none of the implements I was hoping to get), and a couple of Tivo'd shows (Grey's and Earl - hey! Earl Grey) later, and I've got another skirt almost finished. This one is done on a larger loom and it's longer. I'll find out tomorrow morning if it's long enough (you know, 1/4 of the way down her thigh would be good.) and finish it off then.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the TODDLER sized skirt.


Knitting away!

It's been less than a week since I bought the knifty knitter, and I've really been going to town. Today I finished the grey/black scarf - one strand of super soft worsted weight black and one strand of Patons Divine Grey, which is divinely soft. The scarf looks good and feels delicious.

I've also finished about half of a green and purple scarf made from Lion Brand Homespun, which seems like a great yarn. It's easy to work with, very soft, and has a cool texture to it. The scarf has stripes of green and purple, and I'm making it to go with a hat that was knit with one strand of each color.

I'm pondering my next project, and have lots of options, but I'm either going to start a hat with a cuff from the Divine in red with a black worsted weight, and the hat part of red and black worsted weight. But I have to knit out a bit of the red and black to see how that works. I might just stick with red and have all the impact be in the change of texture.

I'm also thinking of doing a larger scarf/shawl, but haven't picked out yarn for that. And, since I've spent enough this month on yarn, I'd better just wait.


M's hat.

I'm going crazy with the knifty knitter I bought on Sunday. Stupid crazy. Never going to stop crazy. Cause it's so easy and fun.

M's hat is my 2nd hat. It's got a small brim, and was made with fancy fur and a worsted weight cotton.

I brought the knifty knitter with me to the lab this morning, and worked on it while I waited to get blood drawn. Both of the women who were in the waiting room with me had a lot of interest in it, and I had fun showing off how incredibly easy it is.