10.20.2006

Measurements schmeasurements


I ditched all the plans I had of making a hat or a scarf, and decided to make a skirt for Ms. M. And, by golly, it worked and was absolutely adorable. Until it became obscenely obvious that it was too small for her. (Ok, it might work as the bottom of a bathing outfit or something. Or a street walker's working clothes.)

Good thing we know a lot of people with girls who are a couple of years younger than Ms. M.

A short trip to Michaels (where I got more yarn and none of the implements I was hoping to get), and a couple of Tivo'd shows (Grey's and Earl - hey! Earl Grey) later, and I've got another skirt almost finished. This one is done on a larger loom and it's longer. I'll find out tomorrow morning if it's long enough (you know, 1/4 of the way down her thigh would be good.) and finish it off then.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the TODDLER sized skirt.

No comments: